Learn to Fly!
For people interested in relatively short flights in small aircraft, a Recreational Pilot Permit may be ideal.
With an RPP, a pilot may:
- Fly a single-engine airplane with up to four seats
- Carry no more than one passenger
- Fly only during daylight hours
- Fly only during visual meteorological conditions only within Canada
- Does not have the ability to add additional ratings (e.g. multi-engine rating)
- At least 16 years old
- Have a valid category 4 medical certificate
- Complete written exam
- 25 hours of flight instruction
- Complete flight test