Start your Ppl today!
For people interested in piloting their own or their company’s aircraft where a Recreational Pilot Permit does not satisfy their needs; a person may find the most utility in a Private Pilot Licence.
With a PPL, a person may:
- Fly an airplane of class/type which the licence is endorsed by a rating (e.g. multi-engine seaplane)
- Add any desired rating to your licence (e.g. seaplane rating)
- Fly your airplane outside of Canada
- but may NOT fly for hire or reward (however, if your work requires you to travel, you may use a PPL for this, as long as you are not employed as a pilot)
- At least 17 years old
- Have a valid category 3 medical certificate
- 40 hours of ground school instruction
- Complete written exam
- 45 hours of flight instruction
- Complete flight test